Sunday, September 19, 2010

Working as a Tuition Teacher

The drive home was, as usual, dull. The deejays from the radio were talking about a career of teaching. As I listened to the radio, there were some memories in my mind that made me think of one of my working experiences.
 It was Friday, in the month of June 2010. Work was over and after saying goodbye to my students and my colleagues and I headed home as usual. It was the last day I worked before going back to my campus.
                I worked as a tuition teacher in a tuition centre for the holidays. As I approached for the job from the director of the centre when I just came back hometown for holidays, I decided to take a part-time teaching job where I had been worked in this tuition centre before for over five months after finished my STPM examination.
                There was a quite nice experience for me to work as a tuition teacher. During the days there, I enjoyed the moments with my students as my students were lovely and made the lessons interesting without boredom. Having a daily full attendance by me in the centre was not an indication of how effective a teacher is. However, I tried my best to inculcate a keen interest among my students in their studies.
                In fact, I enjoyed the most the moments with my students before my class started. I enjoyed chatting with them while they had their lunch in the classroom before class started. The way we communicate with each other made the atmosphere worthwhile for it was relaxing.
                Chatting with the lovely students, I could tell some of them were so stressed of their studies. For me, the state of a child’s emotional and mental health is important to develop a well-being childhood. Therefore, I always motivate them to enjoy the studies so that that could lead a stress-free life which in turn develops a positive outlook in their life. Well, I was still on the way to further my studies.
                Although the days I worked there were short, I still hope I could bring some useful things and enjoyable moments for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment